Women & Bicycles began because 26% of cyclists identifying as female is too low a number. We formed to empower, educate, and encourage women/trans/femme identifying bicycle-riding persons in the DC, Virginia, and Maryland metro areas.
The Women & Bicycles program is centered on a peer-to-peer experience that inspires women to bike, participate, teach, advocate, and lead in the bike movement.
Since the program launched in 2013, hundreds of supporters throughout the region and the program Roll Models have helped us host 200+ events, engage with 6,000+ participants, and inspire hundreds of women make biking a new and rewarding part of their lives.
Attend our Women & Bicycles Events
- Workshops: Bike-related skillsharing throughout the DMV metro area
- Rides: Accommodating all experience levels
- Social Events: Coffee Clubs, Bagel Club, Happy Hour, and more!
- Mentorship: The Roll Models pair experienced biking women with biking novices. Click here to learn more.
Get Connected and Informed
- Women & Bicycles Facebook Forum: Sharing tips, tricks, stories, events, and cheer
- Women & Bicycles E-Bulletin: Monthly updates on events and happenings
- Women & Bicycles Event Calendar: Add our calendar and know where to find us
- Contact the Coordinator, Betsy Tesi at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and comments about the Women & Bicycles program. You may also arrange for a class, presentation, or tabling event.
*Our events are open to those who identify as women at this stage in life. The Women & Bicycles program is committed to being a welcoming and supportive space for all who identify as women, including trans, gender queer, and gender fluid persons.
WABA’s outreach programming is supported by your dollars. Join or donate to WABA today to help us continue our innovative work, like the Women & Bicycles program, to get more people in the D.C. area to ride bikes.
Women & Bicycles is sponsored by the Potomac Pedalers, events, and individuals like you!