The Women & Bicycles program is centered on peer-to-peer encouragement, information, and experience to inspire more women* to bike, participate, teach, advocate, and lead in the bike movement.
Since the program launched in 2013, hundreds of supporters throughout the region and the program Roll Models have helped us host 150+ events, engage with 3,000+ participants, and inspire more than 400 women make biking a new and rewarding part of their lives.
Attend our Women & Bicycles Events
- Workshops: Bike-related skillsharing every 2nd Sunday of the month
- Rides: Accommodating all experience levels every 4th Sunday of the month
- Coffee Clubs: Morning camaraderie and coffee every Wednesday 8am to 9am
- Mentorship: Pairing up biking pros with biking protégés. Click here to learn more
- Women & Bicycles Facebook Forum: Sharing tips, tricks, stories, events, and cheer
- Women & Bicycles E-Bulletin: Monthly updates on events and happenings
- Women & Bicycles Event Calendar: Add our calendar and know where to find us
Read Our Materials
- Blog entries: Read our weekly Women & Bicycles blog series
- Workbook: Download and share this resource on the ins and outs of urban biking
- Toolkit: Download and share this guide on launching women’s biking initiatives
Contact Nelle Pierson at email@example.com with questions and comments about the Women & Bicycles program.
*Our events, unless otherwise noted, are only open to those who identify as women. The Women & Bicycles program is committed to being a welcoming and supportive space for all who identify as women, trans, gender queer, and gender fluid.
WABA’s outreach programming is supported by your dollars. Join or donate to WABA today to help us continue our innovative work, like the Women & Bicycles program, to get more people in the D.C. area to ride bikes.
Women & Bicycles is sponsored by Chipotle Mexican Grill and the Potomac Pedalers.