Metrorail is closing Wednesday for 24 hours to take care of some things.
Here are some tips if you’re considering biking instead:
For new or newish riders:
- Take it easy, give yourself a little more time than you think you need.
- We have a number of good resources here.
- Ask for help! People who bike to work LOVE to talk about it. You probably have a co-worker who would be thrilled to help you find a good route and maybe even meet up and ride with you.
- Google maps bike directions are pretty reliable.
For regular riders:
- Slow down. Chill out. Expect more people on the trails and in the bike lanes. Be nice to them!
- Be helpful! See a flat tire or a someone looking baffled at a map? Stop and offer to help!
- There will probably be a lot of extra grumpy drivers on the road. Be careful, be patient, be polite.
- It’s gonna be lovely in the morning but it looks like there’s a chance of rain in the evening, so stuff a raincoat in your bag.
- Have a blast!
UPDATE: In case you missed it, Capital Bikeshare is offering free 24 hour memberships for the day as well. Usage fees still apply. They’ll also have bike corrals downtown.
ALSO: If you’re looking for a ride buddy, check the #wmatabikepool hashtag on Twitter and Facebook.