All WABA members are invited to join us on Monday, December 15th at Smith Public Trust in Brookland for an evening of holiday tidings and bicycle cheer. Smith Public Trust is near the Brookland Metro/just off the Met Branch Trail.
Come eat and drink with us in celebration of this year’s advocacy successes and mingle with fellow WABA members. The party is free, and we’ll be accepting donations (a $5 suggested donation) to WABA at the door.
The Holiday Party Raffle is back again!! We’ll be raffling off some really cool prizes (see all the prizes we’re raffling off below – we’ll update the list as we get more prized in) throughout the evening. Every WABA member will get a raffle ticket when they arrive (auto-renewing members get 2 tickets!) and we’ll have additional raffle tickets available for donations. All proceeds from the raffle will benefit WABA’s ongoing advocacy work.
Plus, as a way of saying “Thanks” for supporting WABA this year, the first 100 WABA members to come out to the party will get a craft beer on us.
Interested in lending a helping hand? We’re looking for a few more volunteers to help make the holiday party magic happen, greet WABA members, and help out at the WABA table. Sign up here to volunteer.
When: Monday, December 15th from 6:00-10:00pm
Where: Smith Public Trust, 3514 12th St NE (in DC’s Brookland neighborhood)
Who: WABA Members
RSVP: Join the Holiday Party event on Facebook and invite your WABA member friends (or those who you can convince to join)
*Please note this party is for members only. WABA is a member supported non-profit organization and your yearly membership dues fund our ongoing advocacy and outreach work.*
Not yet a member? No problem! Join today, or join at the door. We’ll be running a membership special at the door, so you can join for the first time (or renew your membership) for only $25 (a ten dollar discount)!
What can you win at the WABA Holiday Party Raffle?!
- A pair of passes to the bike-themed holiday light show at Dominion GardenFest of Lights near Richmond, VA — a fun roadtrip for you and that special someone or your BBF (best bike friend) — donated by the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Hand-crafted jewelry – a pair of earrings and a bracelet made from cleaned, reused and hand-painted bike chains accented with beads – made by Molly Fitzgerald (a WABA member!)
- A bike themed and hand painted decorative storage tin – also hand crafted by Molly Fitzgerald
- A pair of entries to WABA’s next ride event: the Vasa Ride at the Swedish Embassy in March 2015
- A City Bikes tune up for your bicycle, valued at $100
- Two tickets to the upcoming Matisyahu show at 9:30 Club on December 22
- A BicycleSPACE $50 gift certificate and a brand new BicycleSPACE t-shirt
- More prizes to be announced soon!
Thank you so much to each and every one of the raffle donors for their generous support of the Washington Area Bicyclist Association.