The Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) seeks a Communications Coordinator to tell the story of our advocacy, outreach, education, and events programming. Much of the work of building a better region for bicycling occurs in meeting rooms and classrooms, on the bike lanes and trails, and in the office—reading laws, regulations, and plans.
The job of the Communications Coordinator is to share that work with WABA members and supporters, key decision-makers and elected officials, potential funders of future programming, and the general public.
You must love biking, share WABA’s vision for better biking in the region, and enjoy a fast-paced environment in which strong and strategic communication content is key to organizational success and is a daily (sometimes hourly) need.
See the job description below the jump, and apply for the job here.
Strategic Writing & Editing
- Create and edit blog posts, articles, etc. that inform various stakeholders of WABA’s ongoing activities and their contribution to the organization’s mission
- Draft content for substantive advocacy campaigns
- Produce marketing and promotional content for events, fundraising campaigns, and other WABA activities.
Social Media and Website
- Oversight of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Flickr.
- Blog post writing, copy editing and scheduling posts.
- Maintain and update WABA.ORG (weekly updates and changes, manage and optimize analytic)
- Design and deploy bi-weekly email blasts in HTML, edit staff produced email blasts
Graphic Design and Layout
- Produce four quarterly newsletter layouts using InDesign
- Produce three to four appeal packages using InDesign
- Produce brochures, posters, postcards, etc. for outreach, education, and advocacy programs.
- Assist staff and Executive Director with press relations.
- Coordinate press for major events and campaigns.
- Awareness of and commitment to WABA’s mission
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Proven experience developing and implementing organization-wide marketing and communications strategies
- Experience in growing social media followers and increasing engagement.
- Ability to function, collaborate, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen eye for graphic design with experience.
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver).
- Basic photography and photo editing experience.
- Advocacy and fundraising database management experience.
- Web design – working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Video production experience – a bonus
- Must be able to work M-F 9am- 5pm, plus events and after-hours activities and some weekends
Fill out this form to apply.