Choose from one of ten fully-supported rides around the country! Of course, we’re partial. The 2016 Climate Ride NYC-DC (September 17 – 21) is a grand bike adventure that connects two of the nation’s most important cities – New York and Washington, DC – by bicycle. From the exciting departure by ferry in Manhattan to the hero’s welcome and rally at the steps of the US Capitol, the East Coast version of Climate Ride is more than a bike trip – it’s an inspiring journey with 200 like-minded people who are united by their passion for sustainability, renewable energy, and bicycles – the ultimate carbon-free form of transportation.
Join WABA’s team and ride for better bicycling
When you join the WABA team, you join a lively group of people who support you from the moment you click register, to the moment you step foot on the Capitol. We’ll be your teammates in organizing, fundraising, preparing, and planning for our ride. And when you ride for WABA, your fundraising dollars directly support WABA. You’re supporting the concrete changes that make our region a better place to bike, a more connected region, a more sustainable region. You’re funding the people power working on your behalf for more trails, bike lanes, protected bike lanes, and better policy that make biking a normal, safe, viable, and popular form of transportation.
Benefits of joining WABA’s Climate Ride Team
- Fundraising support: we’ll support you in fundraising by assembling a planning night, co-organizing happy hours, advising on strategy, and getting you to your $2,800 goal!
- Training support: we’ll stay in constant communication and get together for training rides or pass along opportunities to get out and ride.
- Packing support: we’ll lead a few happy hours on logistics and prep to make sure you’re ready to go.
- If you select WABA as your primary beneficiary, you’ll get to proudly represent a free WABA Climate Ride Jersey!
To join WABA’s Climate Ride Team
- Click here to fill out our Team WABA signup form.
- Click here to register for the 2016 NYC to DC Climate Ride
- During registration for The Climate Ride, select “Find a Team to Join” and choose “Team WABA.”
- During registration, WABA must be one of your designated beneficiaries. If we’re your one and only, you’ll get to rock a Team WABA jersey!
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team captain, Nelle Pierson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do I have to ride the NYC to DC ride to be on Team WABA?
A: No, if you’re looking to travel beyond our backyard, or those dates don’t work for you, there are 9 other rides to choose from! To join Team WABA, you must designate us as one of your non-profit beneficiaries. If we’re you’re one and only beneficiary, you’ll receive a Team WABA jersey!
Q: How many miles is it from NYC to DC?
A: 304 miles
Q: How many miles do we bike a day?
A: 45 to 70 miles a day
Q: What if I can’t ride that many miles a day?
A: We’ll support you in training before the ride. But if at any point you need to be picked up, Climate Ride takes care of van support!
Q: Where do we ride? Are the roads safe?
A: In constructing the route, Climate Ride does their best to avoid all major highways and get us on back country roads.
Q: Where do we sleep?
A: Climate Ride takes care of camping reservations. But they ask you to bring your tent and sleeping bag.
Q: How much do I need to fundraise?
A: $2,800, which covers the organizer’s costs, and 50-55% is given directly to the sustainability-related non-profit beneficiary you select.
Q: How many beneficiaries can I choose for my ride?
A: You can choose up to 5 beneficiary organizations. To join Team WABA, we need to be one of your beneficiaries. To get a WABA team jersey, we have to be your only beneficiary.