Posts Tagged ‘mountain bike’
Subaru-IMBA Trail Care Crew: Washington, D.C.
The Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew, on the road since 1997, is IMBA’s grassroots educational program and an authority on sustainable trail building practices. Two teams of professional trail experts travel year-round throughout the United States and beyond, leading trail work sessions, meeting with land managers and working with IMBA-affiliated clubs and the communities they serve to improve mountain biking opportunities.
The Trail Care Crew program has inspired great volunteer trail work across the U.S. and abroad – a big help to government agencies and land managers who have limited funding for trail construction and upkeep. As a direct result, there are now thousands of new and improved trails in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico and several European countries.
Dates: May. 3-6, 2012
Hosted by: National Park Service, Fort Dupont Park
Contact: Kevin Barry, Ranger
Thursday, May 3
- Urban/trail mashup ride, 2pm at Princeton Sports, 6239 Falls Rd. Baltimore, MD 21209.
- Better Living Through Trails presentation followed by social event with the Mid-Atlantic Off Road Enthusiasts, 6:30pm at Princeton Sports.
Saturday, May 5
- Classroom 9 a.m. – noon @ Fort Dupont Activities Center, Fort Dupont Drive SE, Washington, D.C., 20019
- Lunch provided
- Trail work 1 p.m. – 4/5 p.m. at Fort Dupont Park
* Please do not plan to attend the work session if you can’t make it to the morning classroom. Wear pants, closed-toe shoes, a hat, gloves and bring water for the trail project.