Posts Tagged ‘benefits’
Whether you have been a WABA member for years or just joined, you benefit in countless ways—like access to an array of enticing member benefits. To ensure that you don’t miss out on these awesome benefits, we wanted to remind you that as a WABA member you get:
- Discounts on parts, accessories, and/or bikes at over 50 area bike shops in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia
- Use of one of our bike “boxes” (i.e. bike carrying case) for bike travel by plane or train (pictured)
- Four issues of RideOn, WABA’s quarterly newsletter
- Discounts on all WABA rides (including Vasa and 50 States) and at all WABA events (including Bike Prom, BikeFest, and the WABA holiday party)
- Savings on all WABA merchandise
- Ability to obtain Maryland “Share the Road” License Plates if you are a Maryland resident
You also get discounts from our community business partners (when you present a current membership card or discount code). Those include:
- Annie’s Ace Hardware: 5% off one item under $50
- Bike and Roll: $10 off bike rentals and/or bike tours
- Bike Escapades: $150 off bike touring trips (plus $150 donated to WABA)
- Brighter Days Collective Dog Walking & Pet Sitting: Get the cost of your WABA membership taken off your dog-walking or pet-sitting bill
- Car2Go: Free Car2Go membership, plus 30 minutes of free drive time. Contact email@example.com for discount code
- Czech Active Tours: $50 off bike rentals
- Embody Pure Fitness: 15% off personal training packages, plus a free fitness evaluation
- Flow Yoga: 15% discount on all yoga classes
- Gottaswing: 20% off beginner dance classes at D.C. locations (for first-time students)
- Lunar Massage: Free membership to Lunar Massage
- Rentabikenow.com: Save $5 on a bike reservation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code.
- Results Gym: Discounted gym enrollment
- Tranquil Space: Receive unlimited 15% discount on 1-,6-, or 10-class yoga passes
- YMCA: Reduced enrollment and 10% off monthly dues at D.C., MD, and VA locations. Discount does not apply at the new 14th & W NW location
- Zipcar: Half off first year annual fee ($30). Contact email@example.com for discount code.
Are you a business interested in offering a benefit to WABA members? Contact our Membership Coordinator Megan Van de Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.518.0524 x203.
With the start of a new year, many of us make fitness-related resolutions. Whether we hope to lose weight, eat better, or simply feel better in our bodies, the beginning of the year is a great time to start a new fitness routine. However, the chillier temperatures can sometimes dissuade us from wanting to hop on our bikes to achieve those goals. Luckily for members, some of WABA’s discount partners offer indoor exercise opportunities.
As a WABA member, you receive discounts at Results Gym, Embody Pure Fitness, and the YMCA.
- Results Gym offers discounted enrollment at its Capitol Hill and downtown locations. It provides personal training, nutrition services, rock climbing, hydroworx training pool, cardio theater, a variety of classes (yoga, cycling, abs, karate, dance, etc.), massage, squash and basketball courts, and more.
- Embody Pure Fitness, located in Adams Morgan, offers a 15 percent discount on any personal trainer package. It specializes in boot camp workouts, kettlebells, TRX, nutrition, and rehabilitation services.
- YMCA of Metropolitan Washington, at its D.C., Maryland, and Virginia locations, offers reduced enrollment and 10% off monthly dues. It offers aquatics, youth and adults sports, fitness, yoga, dance, childcare, and more. This discount does not apply at the new 14th & W NW location in D.C.
Spend more time improving your health, but save money while doing so.
Now that’s a member benefit!
After the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, are you feeling stressed? Did you resolve to be healthier in 2013? Have the marginally chillier temperatures left you craving an indoor exercise outlet? Time on the yoga mat is a great way to reduce stress, get healthy, and move your body. And a WABA membership can help you stretch out at a discount!
As a WABA member, you receive discounts on classes at two area yoga studios. Flow Yoga, on P Street NW near Whole Foods, offers 15 percent off all yoga classes in their eco-friendly studio. Tranquil Space, with locations in D.C. and Arlington, offers 15 percent off one-, six-, and ten-class yoga passes.
Between the holiday shopping, the holiday parties, the holiday food, and the family holiday gatherings, are you mildly stressed out? Are your shoulders and neck feeling the resulting strain—or are you simply in need of a brief reprieve from the hubbub? We think so! Luckily, we have an appropriately relieving solution: a massage with WABA discount partner Lunar Massage!
Lunar Massage offers free membership to all WABA members (an initial $40 savings). And membership means awesome, discounted massages at Lunar’s three cozy D.C. locations! WABA members get lower prices on each massage, 20 percent off all massages in your birthday month, special members-only discount days, and a $10 referral credit for new local clients.
Whether you need some pain relief after a long, hard winter ride or crave straight-up stress reduction, Lunar Massage‘s membership is a great way to survive the holiday season. If it is a friend or coworker who is in need, give them the gift of massage: WABA members get 10 percent off all gift cards and gift certificate purchases.
Now that’s a member benefit!
What could be better than touring the European countryside by bike? Touring the European countryside by bike while someone else handles the logistics! Czech Active Tours, a small bike touring company, provides fully supported bike trips throughout central Europe. Your lodging, breakfasts and dinners, a tour guide, and luggage transport are all taken care of, allowing you to focus on the sites rather than on the planning.
Visit an olive oil mill in Spain. Walk the streets of Seville. Enjoy a boat tour of Budapest. Meander through Austrian vineyards. Tour Gothic, Baroque, and Renaissance cathedrals, churches, monasteries, and castles in the Czech Republic. Czech Active Tours makes this all possible. And by bike!
Join Czech Active Tours on any of their bike tours and save $100 as a WABA member. For every member that takes advantage of the discount, they will donate an additional $50 to WABA. For the month of November only, Czech Active Tours is also offering a special discount to WABA members. For groups of four or more, they will offer an additional $50 off per person and $50 off bike rentals.
Now THAT’S a member benefit!