The Washington Area Bicyclist Association seeks an enthusiastic, dynamic, detail-oriented membership coordinator to manage WABA’s growing membership program. We need a go- getter with strong and sincere people skills; someone with enthusiasm for WABA’s mission, and the qualifications necessary to identify, engage, and recruit potential individual members, business members, and donors.
The membership coordinator will report to the Deputy Director and work directly with WABA staff to integrate membership goals throughout WABA’s programs as outlined in the new 5-year Strategic Plan. WABA is a small but growing organization, and on occasion, all staff are asked to assist in general WABA duties and major events.
- Using WABA’s 5-year Strategic Plan, create an annual workplan with the targets, tools, methods, and a budget to meet and exceed individual membership and business members revenue goals.
- Oversee and market member benefits/discount partnership program, including: securing new member benefit partners and promoting existing partners through blog, social media, and membership materials.
- Collaborate with WABA staff to effectively grow and promote membership through our outreach, events, education, and communications.
- Coordinate membership appreciation events and represent WABA at our events, other community events, and through pop-up, on-street outreach to engage area bicyclists and actively sell memberships
- Manage and maintain WABA’s membership database, including: data entry, updates and de-duplication of member and supporters information, organization and inventory, clerical work, and membership/renewal contribution processing and fulfillment. All with great discretion handling and managing personal and private financial information.
- Prepare regular, quarterly, and annual reports on program performance.
- Lead all facets of membership-related communications and messaging, including: email communication, blog posts, web content, social media communication (in collaboration with the Communications Coordinator), direct mail, print materials, and merchandise.
- With input from staff and board, develop and execute annual membership projects, like the membership survey, fall membership drive, and coordination on Bike to Work Day.
- Train, organize, and oversee membership volunteers and coordinate membership volunteer nights.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors Membership Committee (ad hoc).
The ideal candidate will have:
- An enthusiastic commitment to WABA’s mission.
- A comfort with making “the ask” i.e. possessing the skills to actively sell memberships and fundraise. This is not a position for someone who is not willing or comfortable engaging individuals to ask for financial support.
- Background in membership programs.
- Strong and sincere verbal skills, people skills, the ability to interact with diverse audiences, and excellent written communication skills.
- Capacity for development and fundraising.
- A high attention to detail with a focus on accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills, able to balance multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
- A self-motivated approach, able to manage programs and campaigns with little oversight.
- Previous CRM database management experience, ideally using Salsalabs.
- Experience with direct mail and email communication campaigns a plus.
- Strong computer literacy skills with specific experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Benefits include health/dental insurance, flex time, vacation, sick and personal leave, committed colleagues, fun working environment, and WABA’s retirement program. Salary is based on a non-profit scale and commensurate with experience. This position is full-time.
Send a compelling cover letter and resume addressing your interest in the position, commitment to WABA’s mission, bicycle related experience, related qualifications, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications accepted until COB Monday, October 5th, 2015 ideally with a target start date of October 12.
WABA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.