Bike Camp! is back and bigger than ever! We are super excited to offer four sessions of Bike Camp! this year, three sessions of City Explorers and a week of Bike Build. City Explorers focuses on having a blast and building the skills take longer group rides and discover fun activities across the city. Campers at the Bike Build Camp will (surprise!) build up a bike from an empty frame to a safe and ride-able bike that they will get to keep! Registration is only available while space lasts.
For all of the exciting details, including how to register, visit the Bike Camp! page.
Session I | June 19-22 | Ages 8-10 | $300/child
Session II | July 10-14 | Ages 10-12 | $300/child
Session III | July 17-21 | Ages 12-14 | $300/child
- City Explorers Camp will focus on building bike comfort and skills, route creation, group riding, and longer rides.
- Campers will ride every day (weather dependent), and as much as 20 miles per day!
- Campers will bike to different field trips and volunteer opportunities across the city.
- This camp will include basic bike maintenance, such as how to fix a flat tire.
- This is a great camp for campers who want to see the city, visit new places, and build community.
- While campers outside of the age ranges will not be turned away, the activities at each session will be geared to those ages.
Bike Build Camp | June 26-29 | Ages 8-14 | $400/child
- Bike Build Camp will focus on mechanics training and mastery of bike parts.
- Campers will build a bike from the frame up under the guidance of Gearin’ Up Bicycles.
- Campers will have the opportunity to go on multiple shorter rides during the session.
- This camp will include at least one hands-on visit to a local bike shop maintenance department.
- This is a great camp for campers who want to work with their hands, make a bike that they can keep, and explore a little too.
Hours: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday
Location: KIPP DC Shaw Campus, 421 P St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20001
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-518-0524 x222