We’re hiring a membership coordinator! See more details and learn how to apply below the jump.
The Washington Area Bicyclist Association seeks an enthusiastic, dynamic membership coordinator to manage WABA’s membership program. We are specifically looking for a go- getter; someone who is enthusiastic about WABA’s mission and comfortable making “the ask,” i.e. selling memberships by engaging existing and potential individual and business members with WABA.
The membership coordinator will run all facets of WABA’s membership program in order to gain, retain, and engage our current membership and to further grow our member base.
- Process and fulfill membership and renewal contributions and through our Salsa database. (50%)
- Handle all facets of membership-related communications and messaging including email communication, blog posts, web content, social media communication (in collaboration with the Communications Coordinator), direct mail, print materials, and merchandise. (25%)
- Manage the Business Membership Program, researching, pursuing, and securing annual business membership targets and revenue goals.
- Collaborate with WABA staff to effectively grow and promote membership through our outreach, events, education, and communications.
- Assist with a variety of tasks related to the administration of the program, including data entry, organization/inventory, clerical work, etc.; update and de-duplicate database with member and supporters information.
- Improve upon existing membership growth and retention strategies and develop new strategies as needed in order to meet (or exceed) annual membership revenue goals.
- Assist with a variety of tasks related to the administration of the program, including data entry, organization/inventory, clerical work, etc.
- Represent WABA at our events, other community events, and through pop-up, on-street outreach, engaging area bicyclists about bicycling and WABA and actively selling memberships.
- Oversee and market member benefits/discount partnership program including securing new member benefit partners and promoting existing partners through blog, social media, and membership materials.
- Fulfill orders from the WABA store.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong commitment to WABA’s mission.
- Background in membership programs.
- Previous CRM database management or maintenance experience, ideally using Salsa.
- A high attention to detail, with a focus on accuracy.
- Capacity for development and fundraising.
- A comfort with making “the ask” i.e. actively selling memberships and fundraising. This is not a position for someone who is not willing or comfortable engaging individuals or asking for financial support.
- Experience with direct mail and email communication campaigns a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with specific experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A self-motivated approach, able to manage programs and campaigns with little oversight.
- Excellent time management skills, able to balance multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
Benefits include flex time, vacation, sick and personal leave, great coworkers, fun environment, and WABA’s retirement and health insurance programs. Salary dependent on experience. This position is full-time.
Send a compelling cover letter and resume addressing your interest in the position, commitment to WABA’s mission, bicycle related experience, related qualifications, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications accepted until COB Monday, March 24 with a target start date of April 21, and no later than April 28. The selected candidate must be ready to begin training immediately to prepare for Bike to Work Day on May 17.
WABA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.