A year ago, we launched a business membership program to give bike-friendly businesses in the D.C. region (and beyond!) a way to support WABA’s work. We’ve consistently added more businesses to the program and have had the opportunity to talk with many more about the benefits of supporting a bike-friendly Washington, D.C., area.
WABA’s business members understand that businesses and communities thrive when more people have the option to choose healthy, environmentally and economically sound transportation. Remember: Protected bike lanes mean business, so more bike infrastructure is a win-win for the cycling and business communities alike.
We know that many of you are keen to support the local establishments that understand the benefits of a bicycle-friendly Washington area, so in the coming weeks, we’ll be highlighting the local and national businesses that are supporting WABA through the business membership program.
Our current business members include Glut Food Co-op; Mesirow & Stravtiz, Attorneys at Law; the Hive; Ridescout; D.C. Sundland, Realtor®; Stages Premier; the Streetwize Foundation; Schultz & Trombly, PLLC; Madbomber; and Ecoprint, a founding member of the program that has renewed its support for the second year.
Do you own, work for, or patronize a business that is a good candidate for our business membership? For just $300 per year, you can show your support for a bike-friendly region and WABA’s advocacy. In return you’ll receive:
- Listing on WABA’s business membership webpage with link to your business’s website
- Promotion upon joining through our social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter, and our blog (we’ve got 5,000 Twitter followers and 6,000 Facebook fans, and the blog is one of the top-five pages viewed on the website)
- Use of WABA’s bike-friendly business window cling and/or digital logo
- Discounted WABA memberships ($10 off) for all employees
- Support in applying for Bicycle Friendly Business recognition from the League of American Bicyclists
A big welcome and thanks to our newest business members! If you’re interested in becoming a business member, learn more about the program here.