Last week, we told you about our business membership program. We debuted the program last year and are steadily signing up new business members into 2014. As part of the program, we’d like to introduce you to some of our business members. Today, meet Mesirow & Stravitz.
Mesirow & Stravitz, Attorneys-at-Law, is a D.C. law firm that focuses on personal injury and is personally connected to helping bicyclists who have been involved in crashes. It has a personal investment in crashes involving cyclists: 75 percent of Mesirow & Stravitz staffers commute by bike or on foot, so they’re as familiar with the streets you ride and walk on as you are.
Though we at WABA work daily to make the D.C. area safer for everyone who rides a bike, crashes do happen. Mesirow & Stravitz is a great option: The firm has received the “AV” rating, the highest possible for legal ability and ethics, from legal industry information services company Martindale-Hubbell. Both John Mesirow and Eric Stravitz have a 10/10 rating from professional review site avvo.com.
We’re thrilled to have Mesirow & Stravitz as a business member!
Do you own, work for, or patronize a business that is a good candidate for our business membership? For just $300 per year, you can show your support for a bike-friendly region and WABA’s advocacy. In return you’ll receive:
- Listing on WABA’s business membership webpage with link to your business’s website
- Promotion upon joining through our social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter, and our blog (we have 5,200 Twitter followers and 6,500 Facebook friends, and the blog is one of the top-five pages viewed on the website)
- Use of WABA’s bike-friendly business window cling and/or digital logo
- Discounted WABA memberships ($10 off) for all employees
- Support in applying for Bicycle Friendly Business recognition from the League of American Bicyclists