The Northern Virginia Casual Bicycling Group is participating in the Smart Ride (short for Southern Most AIDS/HIV RideTwenty-Thirteen), a two-day tour from Miami to Key West. The Smart Ride donates 100 percent of fundraising to services that work directly for or with individuals affected by HIV/AIDS.
NoVa CBG’s team, Team Casual, is hosting a fundraiser next Thursday, Sept. 26 at Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern in Herndon, Va. from 7 p.m. onward. The Team Casual cyclists will be guest bartending, and you can pledge toward their fundraising goal of $25,000. Pledges get you free raffle tickets for a bunch of great prizes, including:
- A Trek Gary Fisher DS 8.2
- Pair of Redskins tickets to FedEx Field on Sun., Oct. 20 at 1 p.m., against the Chicago Bears
- A hotel stay and dinner in Lansdowne, Md.
- Beginner Couple’s ski packages to Whitetail, Round Top, and Liberty
- Keurig V700 coffee maker
- “Bagels for a year” from Panera Bread
- Signed Wizards, Nationals, and Orioles sports memorabilia
- Sonicare electric toothbrush
- Tickets to the Museum of Crime and Punishment, the Newseum, and the Spy Museum
- Packages for couples to wine tastings, chocolate tastings, and movie nights
For more information, see this page.
Team Casual is just under 70 percent of the way to its goal! Join the team at Jimmy’s for a great night of drink-slinging and raffling, or donate online here.