As a WABA member, you benefit in countless ways:
- From the ever-growing network of bike lanes and trails throughout the region.
- From the recently-installed bike racks outside your favorite businesses.
- From the Metro cars and buses that you can take your bike on (on those days you and your bike just need a lift).
- From the cyclist-protective laws now on the books.
- From the fast-expanding network of Bikeshare stations.
- From the increased number of confident city cyclists on area streets and trails.
By being a WABA member, by supporting our advocacy efforts, you are helping to bring about better bicycling in the region, and thereby, creating the ultimate member benefit: a bicycle-friendly community!
Amazingly though, your member benefits don’t end there. A number of partner businesses, as a thank you for your support of WABA’s work for better bicycling, have kindly extended special benefits to you, our members. We want to let you know more about these additional benefits. Each month we will highlight a different member benefit. Because May is Bike Month, what better member benefit to first highlight than a local bike business:
Friends or family in town for the weekend? Wanting to take them out on a trail ride or cruise around the city for an afternoon? Don’t have enough bikes (or the right size or style) to accommodate everyone? Bike and Roll is the answer! Rent a Bike and Roll bike and explore the Nation’s Capitol. Even better, try out one (or all) of their bike tours, combining history, sites, and/or politics with biking! What could be better than that? A DISCOUNT! WABA members receive $10 off bike rentals and $10 off bike tours!
Yet, that’s not all. Bike and Roll also regularly partners with WABA to provide free bikes for our Learn to Ride classes. They truly are a bike-friendly business helping to make the Washington area more bikeable. Now that’s a member benefit!