WABA currently seeks a Membership Intern to assist with data entry, customer service and many other important administrative needs. We’re seeking a 15 hour a week commitment for a minimum of three months. Read on for full details.
The Membership Services Intern will gain firsthand knowledge of all WABA departments, but most work will be specifically with the membership department. Work includes assisting with membership fulfillment processes, database development, member resource development, assistance at membership related events and other tasks as assigned.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with a fifteen-hour-a-week commitment for at least three months. This position is based in Washington, DC. The position is not paid, but a small stipend may be available. We can work with academic requirements you may have, to help you earn course credit, and give you a unique opportunity to connect to a growing network of organizations making significant community improvements.
Skills and Knowledge
- Specific experience working with influential non-profit organization
- Experience working with database CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Software
- Outreach work with state and local organizations
- Academic credit, by working with your academic institution’s internship program
On-going tasks for Membership Intern
- Processing memberships and renewals and store items
- Responding to membership concerns via email, phone and at events
- Outreach to potential members
- Researching new prospect member and supporter/partner organizations
- Assisting with the coordination of direct mail to members (thank you letters, etc)
- Updating database with new members, partners, and prospects
- Other duties as assigned
Please send a letter of interest, your resume, & references to email@example.com